Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Grandson ~ My Joy

Eight years ago today was truly one of the most joy-filled days of my life. The events of that day changed me forever. It was the day that a precious little bundle in blue would wrap me around his little finger and never let me go. 

Eight years ago today was the day I became a 'Grama'. My firstborn grandson, Isaac, made his way into the world and I have never been the same. One thing was sure, this little man put his grip on my heart and he has never let it go. It's so true what 'they' say. Being a grandparent brings a feeling that you can't begin to put into words for someone else. It's one of those things you have to experience to really get


Isaac is one of the sweetest, most caring and funny kids you will ever meet. His name means laughter, or he who laughs. Boy, has he lived up to his name. In fact he is the one person who can make his 10 month old cousin laugh harder than anyone else can. 


One of the most precious things is that Isaac (and all of my grandchildren for that matter) loves to write and draw,  just like his Papa. Every day he makes a new 'book', complete with story and illustrations. He pretty much just writes whatever he's feeling at the moment. 


Yesterday he presented this card to Marc and I....


Don't tell anyone, but I think my hubby looks a little like a Ninja Turtle here ;)

Seriously. This child has such a precious heart.

And he melts mine.

Happy Birthday, Isaac!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are the best. I couldn't have asked for better "spiritual parents'. Thanks for being a great example for us young folk who are praying that one day we'll get to write posts like this. Love you guys... : )