Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Sign Of Things To Come

I got really excited  (so excited that I actually stopped and took a picture :)) the other day when I saw this outside of my grandson's preschool: 


The reason is that this is a sign of things to come. It's only February and already signs of Spring are popping up before my eyes. Before we know it, Spring will be here and we will be surrounded by the beautiful colors of God's amazing creativity.  Once again, it reminds me that things that once appeared lifeless begin to show signs of a rebirth.  

Have you ever found yourself in a season of winter? A season where you felt dormant, forgotten? A season in which you felt like you had no life left in you? If you haven't yet, I assure you that at some time during the course of your life you probably will. Some of us we will experience it more than once. Not very encouraging, I know. But, the good news is that God's plan is to be our constant source of life during these seasons. He wants to use these seasons to perfect His character in us. It's up to us to let Him. If you are finding yourself in one of these winter seasons of life, call on Jesus today to give you strength and show you what He wants to work in you and through you.

Be encouraged and remember that Spring ALWAYS comes after winter. And when it arrives it brings with it a renewed sense of hope. And Spring comes, we get beautiful flowers as proof of new life...


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 

No comments: